Admissions with international Year 12 completed in Portugal
Number of places: 150
Your secondary education final grade or the grade of a legally equivalent diploma carries a weighting of 60% of your application grade. The score obtained in the entry examination carries a weighting of 40%.
Calculate your application grade here.
Compulsory Entry Examinations
The entry examinations are two of the following Secondary Education subjects:
18 Portuguese | 11 History | 06 Philosophy |16 Mathematics*
(* Mathematics Applied to Social Sciences is excluded)
Candidates with International Secondary Education must provide homologous examinations. More Information here.
Minimum Entry Grade (0 to 200 scale):
- Secondary education final grade equal to or greater than 100.
- Entry examinations score equal to or greater than 95.
Applications with an application grade lower than 120 will be excluded.
Where to make your application
Candidates that have completed secondary education in Portugal or abroad may apply in person, in Lisbon, at the Catholic University premises, or online, within the time limits set for that purpose.
For any other cases, the application must be made in person at the Catholic University premises in Lisbon.
- Document proving high school graduation equivalent to Portuguese Year 12, to be obtained from an official Portuguese high school;
- Entry Examinations Certificate;
- Identity Card (original or photocopy)
Application Deadline (2019/2020)
|9th to 25th July
||26th July to 27th August
|Posting of Results
1st and 2nd August
2nd and 3rd August
HOST WEEK: 4th, 5th and 6th July
- In the first period, all candidates that meet the admissions conditions will be ranked.
- In the second period, a) and b) below will be ranked together and under the same circumstances:
a) candidates excluded from the 1st application period because their grade fell below the minimum grade required to be admitted at that time;
b) new candidates.
Candidates who may wish to visit the University and the Campus, either in group or individually, may arrange a visit with the Undergraduate Admissions Office.