The Ph.D. Programme is defined according to the Católica | Lisbon School of Law strategic development plan:
- Outstanding level of scientific research;
- Connection between university and community.
In general terms, the aims of the Ph.D. are:
- To train high quality researchers in Law, who can make significant contributions to the national and international scientific production;
- To train postgraduates who will be able to contribute to the renewal of the teaching of Law;
- To train highly qualified legal professionals who can contribute to the improvement of the legal structures and the functioning of Law in Portugal;
- To promote the global scientific development of Law.
Through the Ph.D. programme, students will:
- Develop skills enabling a scientific and systematic in-depth grasp of a certain legal domain;
- Hone their talent for conducting highly critical and reflexive legal research autonomously, using multidisciplinary tools;
- Develop their ability to present original contributions to relevant legal problems;
- Develop their ability to argue in a rigorous and scientifically informed manner, through oral and written communication;
- Have the possibility to take part in Católica Global School of Law LL.M. courses or Global Ph.D. Programme modules.