Admissions with portuguese and EU nationality
Number of places: 150
Your secondary education final grade or the grade of a legally equivalent diploma carries a weighting of 60% of your application grade. The score obtained with the entry examinations carries a weighting of 40%.
Calculate your application grade here.
Compulsory Entry Examinations
The entry examinations are two of the following Secondary Education subjects:
18 Portuguese | 11 History | 06 Philosophy |16 Mathematics*
(* Mathematics Applied to Social Sciences is excluded)
Candidates that have completed their Secondary Education abroad must provide homologous examinations. More information here.
Minimum Entry Grade (0 to 200 scale):
- Secondary education final grade equal to or greater than 100.
- Entry examinations score equal to or greater than 95
Where to make your application
Candidates that have completed secondary education in Portugal or abroad may apply in person, in Lisbon, at the Catholic University premises, or online, within the time limits set for that purpose.
For any other cases, the application must be made in person at the Catholic University premises in Lisbon.
- Document proving high school graduation equivalent to Portuguese Year 12, to be obtained from an official Portuguese high school;
- Document proving the country’s grading scale
- Document proving the grade obtained in the secondary education final national exam (if applicable to the candidate’s country)
- Identity Card or passport (original or photocopy)
- Photocopy of tax payer card (or other fiscal identity document)
Note: For candidates from foreign secondary education systems outside Portugal the documents needed for the application must be authenticated by the official Education entities of the respective country. They must also be authenticated by the Portuguese diplomatic or consular authority; alternatively, the candidates must bring along the Hague Convention Apostille.
Application Deadline (2019/2020)
|9th to 25th July
||26th July to 27th August
|Posting of Results
||31st July, 1st and 2nd August
||30th August, 2nd and 3rd August
HOST WEEK: 4th,5th and 6th SEPTEMBER
- In the first period, all candidates that meet the admissions conditions will be ranked.
- In the second period, a) and b) below will be ranked together and under the same circumstances:
a) candidates excluded from the 1st application period because their grade fell below the minimum grade required to be admitted at that time;
b) new candidates.
Candidates who may wish to visit the University and the Campus, either in group or individually, may arrange a visit with the Undergraduate Admissions Office.