Admissions with national year 12
Number of places:
Your secondary education final grade or the grade of a legally equivalent diploma carries a weighting of 60% of your application grade. The grade obtained in the entry examinations carries a weighting of 40%.
Calculate your application grade here.
Compulsory Entry Examinations
The entry examinations are two of the following Secondary Education subjects:
18 Portuguese | 11 History | 06 Philosophy |16 Mathematics*
(* Mathematics Applied to Social Sciences is excluded)
Minimum Entry Grade (0 to 200 scale):
- Secondary education final grade equal to or greater than 100.
- Entry examinations score equal to or greater than 95.
Where to make your application
Candidates with the national Year 12, completed in Portugal or abroad, may apply in person, in Lisbon, at the Catholic University premises, or online, within the time limits set for that purpose.
For any other cases, the application must be made in person at the Catholic University premises in Lisbon.
- Original ENES form, or authenticated copy thereof
- Portuguese Identity Card (original or photocopy)
|9th to 25th July
||26th July to 27th August
|Posting of Results
1st and 2nd August
2nd and 3rd August
HOST WEEK: 4th, 5th and 6th September
- In the first period, all candidates that meet the admissions conditions will be ranked.
- In the second period, a) and b) below will be ranked together and under the same circumstances:
a) candidates excluded from the 1st application period because their grade fell below the minimum grade required to be admitted at that time;
Candidates who may wish to visit the University and the Campus, either in group or individually, may arrange a visit with the Undergraduate Admissions Office.