Every year, following the goal of helping students enter the job market, the Career Office organises the JobShop, which is exclusively aimed at Católica | Lisbon School of Law undergraduate, Master’s and LL.M. students. The JobShop is an innovative job fair which was created to attend to the needs of students and their potential recruiters, thus promoting debate about issues that are very relevant and strongly linked to the job market.
The 15th JobShop took place on 28 and 29 November 2017 and included several activities that contributed to enlivening the event and to achieving previously established goals:
Renowned lawyers and personalities from other legal professions were present in each round table.
- The future of legal professions
- The impact of technological innovation on Law
- Legal practitioners besides lawyers
- Legal professions: sex equality
- Recruitment and careers
Besides these round tables, students were invited to actively take part in the Recruiting Lounge, where 48 law firms and other prestigious entities were present. The Lounge is a privileged space for students and their potential recruiters to make contact and get to know each other.
The "Partner Hour" at the Recruiting Lounge
This is a unique opportunity to talk to decision-makers within law firms and other leading companies.
Each year, Católica | Lisbon School of Law prepares a catalogue which consists of all the entities taking part in the event. The catalogue is a source of key information for students in terms of the perspective that each recruiter has of the professional marketplace.
The digital edition of the 2017/2018 edition can be accessed here. Alternatively, the hard copy version is available from the Careers Office.
2017/2018 JobShop in numbers:
- 2 days event
- 48 participating entities
- 217 representatives at the Recruiting Lounge from a broad range of professional stages (Intern Lawyers / Lawyers / Associate Members / Partners / Recruiting Team Members / Headhunters), including 39 Partners present at the "Partner Hour"
- 40 Speakers who participated in 5 round tables
- 350 Students
- 52 Ambassador Students (Pre-Finalist, Finalist and Master’s Students)
- 16 Junior Ambassador Students (1st and 2nd year)
- 1 catalogue created by the Faculty especially for our students and including all the essential details about recruiters taking part in the JobShop.