Every year, following the goal of presenting students to the recruiters, the Career Office organises the JobShop, which is exclusively aimed at Católica | Lisbon School of Law undergraduate, Master’s and LL.M. students. The JobShop is an innovative job fair which was created to attend to the needs of students and their potential recruiters, thus promoting debate about issues that are very relevant and strongly related linked to the job market.
The 16th JobShop will take place on 28 and 29 November 2018 and will include several activities:
Renowned lawyers and personalities from other legal professions will be present in each round table (in Portuguese).
- The future of legal professions
- The impact of technological innovation on Law
- Legal practitioners besides lawyers
- Practice Areas: mine is better than yours
Besides the round tables, students are invited to actively take part in the Recruiting Lounge, where law firms and other prestigious companies will be present. The Lounge is a privileged space for students and their potential recruiters to make contact and get to know each other.
- ABC Legal
- Abreu Advogados
- Albuquerque & Almeida
- Amaral Cabral & Associados
- Autoridade da Concorrência
- AVM Advogados
- BAS - Sociedade de Advogados
- BNP Paribas
- Campos Ferreira, Sá Carneiro & Associados
- CCA ONTIER
- Centro de Estudos Judiciários
- Centro de Informação Europeia Jacques Delors
- CMS Rui Pena & Arnaut
- Cruz, Roque, Semião
- CTSU - Sociedade de Advogados
- Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira
- DLA Piper ABBC
- Gómez-Acebo & Pombo
- Gouveia Pereira, Costa Freitas & Associados
- Macedo Vitorino & Associados
- Miranda & Associados
- Morais Leitão
- PRA-Raposo, Sá Miranda & Associados
- Raposo Bernardo
- Rato, Ling, Lei & Cortés - Advogados
- Rogério Fernandes Ferreira & Associados
- RRP Advogados
- Serra Lopes, Cortes Martins & Associados
- Sérvulo & Associados
- Sousa Machado, Ferreira da Costa & Associados
- SPS Advogados
- SRS Advogados
- TELLES Advogados
- Uría Menéndez-Proença de Carvalho
- Vieira de Almeida
The "Partner Hour" at the Recruiting Lounge
This is a unique opportunity to talk to decision-makers within law firms and other leading companies.
Each year, Católica | Lisbon School of Law prepares a catalogue which consists of all the entities taking part in the event. The catalogue is a source of key information for students in terms of the perspective that each recruiter has of the professional marketplace.
2017/2018 JobShop in numbers:
- 2 days event
- 48 participating entities
- 217 representatives at the Recruiting Lounge from a broad range of professional stages (Intern Lawyers / Lawyers / Associate Members / Partners / Recruiting Team Members / Headhunters), including 39 Partners present at the "Partner Hour"
- 40 Speakers who participated in 5 round tables
- 350 Students
- 52 Ambassador Students (Pre-Finalist, Finalist and Master’s Students)
- 16 Junior Ambassador Students (1st and 2nd year)
- 1 catalogue created by the Faculty especially for our students and including all the essential details about recruiters taking part in the JobShop.